Scott Olive Missionary Baptist Church was organized as a mission station by Dr. A. R. Griggs, Supt. of Missions of the Baptist Missionary and Educational convention of Texas, in April 1905. During a period of dim hope in 1910, the Rev. W. H. Scott was called as pastor. His first step was to reorganize the mission and it was name Scott Olive Missionary Baptist Church in honor of Rev. Scott. He served as pastor until his death in 1920.
From 1920 to 1925, the church had two pastors. Rev. Williams served for tow and a half years and Rev. Stevenson followed him and served until 1925.
August 25, 1925, the Rev. S. I. Mitchell answered the call for a leader. He was serving as pastor of the Shiloh Baptist Church in Beaumont, which he merged with the Scott Olive Baptist Church. In October of that same year, the Second Live Oak Baptist Church was without a pastor. Most of those members united with Scott Olive, thus causing an increased membership. In November 1925 the church purchased the land at 1308 Beech St. and began remodeling in order for the building to take on the form of a church. Rev. Mitchell remained pastor of Scott Olive over forty years. God relieved him of his duties on earth on June 13, 1965.
The Rev. L. R. Dornes was called August 25, 1965. The Church continued its growth under his pastorage and received numerous blessings. In February 1971, both the church parsonage and the edifice we now worship in were built during his tenure. Rev. Dornes served faithfully for nearly eighteen years.
Rev. A. L. Jones assumed pastoral responsibilities March 1983. Rev. Jones served as pastor for thirty years. Before his home going on March 6, 2013, Scott Olive continuously sought to win souls and with the spirit of humility attended the flock faithfully. We thank God for his servant who obediently fed the church through his teaching and preaching of God’s Holy Word. Under Rev. Jones’ leadership, the church saw many accomplishments: purchased the corner lot property across from the church in February 1984; purchased three vans for membership transportation and paved the parking lot in March 1984. In February 1997 the congregation was able to dissolve the church note. A total renovation of the church’s interior was done with the addition of a secretary and Pastor’s office complex, a drive-thru canopy and the installation of a new P.A. system in February 1997. The church parsonage was renovated in 2004. The church began its Outreach Broadcast Ministry “The Gospel of Truth Worship Hour” in December 2000 and continued until March 2008.
The present pastor, Rev. David L. Hudson was called in December 2013. Scott Olive Missionary Baptist Church has not become at ease in Zion. We are continuously striving to win souls and upgrade the place where we worship.